Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are You Wearing PURPLE Today?

"Living in Harmony" Mandala by Misti Hall


Today many people are bringing awareness to an issue by wearing PURPLE. Today, October 20 has been declared Spirit Day. By wearing purple today...you are making a statement to say no to hate. Specifically, you are taking a stand to be a part of the change. The change seeking to dissolve bullying gay teens. It has been very unfortunate that many young lives have ended in tragedy because they were made fun of or bullied for their sexual orientation.

I wish we lived in a world where people were free to be their authentic self. In doing so, maybe the there would be fewer Straight Wives across the world. What if there became less and less Gay/Straight marriages? What if there were fewer broken hearts? What if there were fewer marriages ending because a spouse discovers their husband/wife is gay?

What if my own story was different? How would my life be different today if I had not unknowingly married a Gay man? Who would I be? I am sure I would be different. I am sure I would have less scars. I am certain that I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I encourage you to be the change you wish to see. For myself, I will be wearing PURPLE today. I will be mindful and wish for a peaceful world and equal rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment